Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Adventures in York

This past Saturday, my mom and I took a day trip up to York, Maine. I have always loved York because of its old-fashioned, beachy feel. There are great shops, dining, and entertainment. The beach in town (Short Sands, I think!) is just gorgeous!
Goldenrod is one of the best known places in York. They have a great little restaurant with authentic American seafood. They have an entire salt water taffy production room, with glass windows so the public can watch! They have a tiny general store of sorts, with kitchen goods, candy, and a huge penny candy counter. The penny candy counter is adorable, but candy can go for up to $1.50 for a particularly unusual or large piece! And don't forget to admire Goldenrod's signature red geraniums!

I hope you enjoyed today's small photo tour of York! York is a great place to go during the summer, always a lively and entertaining place!
---Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment